Friday, June 13, 2008

Mister F. Gentle Spirit


Mountain Harbor Breakfast!


Mountain Harbor B&B to Moreland Gap Shelter 18 Miles

Got up and had an awesome breakfast. The house at the B&B was beautiful and the food was incredible! Terry and Mary cooked the most delicious food. I watched some news on this huge TV while I sipped my coffee and we were surrounded by amazing people in an amazing place. It was painful to leave but we had to. We got out on the road and up the hill a thousand feet. It was rough going.

Along the way we passed a cemetery and some people were hangin’ out, paying their respects and they gave us a “hey!” as we walked by. It was kind of weird just rolling by a cemetery like that in the middle of the mountains. It was a good sized one too, just sitting right there in the middle of nowhere. We passed a road with some horse and buggies. Someone had told HaHa about a cool waterfall named “Jones Falls” and when we saw the sign we took the side trail. It was awesome! We climbed up the falls and Mike slid down, hurting himself, but not too bad. He got a nice sized gash just above his right ass cheek. They decided to find an alternate way up. I stood under the frigid rain of the falls and we got some footage of that. The footing was very treacherous under the falls and I eventually came down before I hurt myself too.

Refreshed, we moved on and the trail got really boring. Cyclone and Rolex took off as usual and I kind of hung back with Haha for a while. The trail was so boring after the excitement of the falls. I eventually got to Laurel Fork and there was a strong, cool stream. The book said it was contaminated; but, I jumped in anyway and rinsed off my aching feet. I needed something to break the monotony of the last section. If the stream wasn’t contaminated before, it sure is now! My feet were putrid! The next climb up to the shelter was long and just kept going and going and going. Finally I got in to the shelter and besides my brothers; there were some people already here. A young girl and her father (can’t remember their names) with their dog, “Maddie” were there along with two other women. I can’t remember any of their names; I have to take better notes… Haha rolled in later and tented up but we didn’t really hear from him tonight, he just kind of disappeared.

There was cell service here so I logged in with the computer and decided to check my bank accounts. Yesterday I had tried to get some money out and it was telling me I had no money. I checked the account and it was horrible! I’m way overdrawn and there are a ton of bounced check fees! I started to look at the charges and got really pissed. I called Jeff to find out what happened and the situation isn’t looking good. As if I need more stuff to worry about, there are hundreds of dollars in overdraft fees. DAMN! How am I supposed to stay focused on the trail with all of this other crap going on? Tomorrow, we’re going to try to get in to the Kincora Shelter and get a re-supply in Hampton, TN. I’ll have to get on the horn then and figure out what we’re going to do…

David AKA "Mister F. Gentle Spirit"


Website:
http://www.brotherproof.com
Blog:
http://brotherproof.blogspot.com
Pictures:
http://www.photobucket.com/brotherproof
Film:
http://www.youtube.com/wbaf1
Myspace:
http://www.myspace.com/brotherproof
David's Website:
http://www.davidpatrone.com

No comments: