Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Back Home for Supplies

I'm here in my office/bedroom/storage unit, downloading all of Half-Mile's maps on my iPad and Droid. That's probably the way to go. I moved everything I own into my office so that I don't any rent while on the trail. I'm here fixing the last of the logistical problems that popped up. The spot tracker was working it's just that I had the wrong map embedded on my website. I forgot a bowl so I picked one up at REI last night, I have some last minute stuff coming in the mail and I hate this backpack. I got a medium and I need a large. Even with the hip pad on the straps are pulling on my shoulders. I'm going to bring my other pack until I get something better. Maybe someone at the Kickoff will want to trade. It'll weight a lot more but my shoulders are trashed so I'll use my Gregory pack. I'll take off all of the junk that I don't need and try to get my pack under 5 pounds. Warner Springs Monty has an entire base weight that's lighter than my pack is. Jesus! Tomorrow is the first gig on the Pacific Crest Jazz Tour and I'm really excited about it. It's finally here!

DP


David AKA “Mister F. Gentle Spirit”
Website
http://www.davidpatrone.com/PCT
Videos:
http://www.youtube.com/davidpatrone

No comments: