Monday, April 25, 2011

I-8

The temperature went way down in the night and I was damn cold; however, I left my feet outside of the bag and I think that kept them from swelling. I met a few other hikers from North Carolina and San Diego and I ate a couple of pop tarts and packed up for this 1000 foot climb out of Hauser Creek.

The 4 miles to Morena lake were longer than regular miles. I'm not sure how this happens but it does. (it turns out it was actually 4.8 miles so maybe that's the thing) anyway I was glad to see something I could actually sit on. I got something to eat and somehow I started to think that this was Tuesday and not Monday so I was freaking out about how I was going to get to Mt Laguna in time to get back to my gig on Wednesday at Viejas. I was going to have to get off at the 8. Bummer.

Along the way I realized my spot tracker is not sending updates the way it should and I also forgot my bowl to eat from. Man! I called in a carlift and My buddy Andy came and picked me up on the 8. He brought all this great stuff like apples and oranges. It was awesome.

Not until later that night when I was getting some dinner and there was no piano player at the restaurant did I realize, it's MONDAY!!! AHHH man I stillhad another extra day! I felt so stupid. That's what I get for not having a watch or a map or any of that stuff. So I changed plans, I'm going to play my gig on Wednesday night then get a ride up to Mt Laguna and hike in to the Kickoff party Thursday. In the meantime I'll be taking care of last minute things before I get back on the trail. I'm really looking forward to going to the kickoff as a Thru-Hiker, not some stooge walking around "researching his hike for next year"


David AKA “Mister F. Gentle Spirit”
Website
http://www.davidpatrone.com/PCT
Videos:
http://www.youtube.com/davidpatrone

No comments: