Thursday, April 7, 2011


My name is Mr. F. Gentle Spirit and I'm a professional Jazz Musician, writer and a Thru-Hiker. In 2008 I did 1100 miles of the AT but had to get off because I ran out of money and I had a hernia from falling off a cliff at the ledges of St. John in Connecticut. I got surgery and they say I'm better than new!

This year I consolidated everything I own into a 10'x10' room, paid off my car and put everything I have into thru-hiking the PCT but with a little twist: I'm going to be performing in some of the cities and little towns along the way. I'm calling it the Pacific Crest Jazz Tour and I hope you dig it. You can find out more information about it here:
www.davidpatrone.com/PCT

Or here:
Facebook.com/PacificCrestJazzTour

It's going to be a rough one with the record setting snowfall and heavy snow pack in the Sierra Nevada Mountains but Nevada means "Snow Covered" so I guess it's only fitting. I'll do my best to get through and I hope you find this adventure interesting.

I received my denial of admission in to Canada today due to some past issues with driving offenses. Had to do a bunch of paperwork to assure them I'm not a danger to Canadians. Oh Canada, I assure you, I'm not a danger to Canadians, unless of course you don't let me in... I think they're just jealous because Vancouver hasn't won the Stanley Cup since 1915. I wonder how hard it is to sneak across?

I registered for the ADZPCTKO 2011 which stands for "Annual Day Zero Pacific Crest Trail Kick Off" and it's basically a party for those about to hike the trail, those who have already hiked the trail, those who support and dig those who hike the trail, oh yeah and don't forget the vendors who are selling you trippy ultralight gear for the trail.

registration is full so I may be sleeping in my car for the weekend but it's cool, I don't mind a bit. Had to turn down a gig for Sunday night as well, oh well, I get to party with my fellow thru-hikers and watch the final presentation.

See you on the trail!
Mister F. Gentle Spirit
www.davidpatrone.com/PCT


David AKA “Mister F. Gentle Spirit”
Website http://www.davidpatrone.com/PCT
Videos: http://www.youtube.com/davidpatrone

No comments: