Saturday, April 23, 2011

Getting Started


I was up all night with my packup and I crashed on the couch, luckily my ride was out all night too and didn't mind getting lunch before we headed out. We grabbed a bite in San Diego and then drove out to the trailhead. We had no idea where it was so we asked for directions a couple of times. We had his beautiful, white Mercedes and he really wasn't looking forward to driving on the unimproved dirt roads but I convinced him that it was an adventure for his car, just like it was an adventure for me. The border patrol was all excited to see a blacked-out Mercedes racing for the border on a dirt road in the middle of nowhere. We made sure to stop one of them so they would know it was just us, hanging out at the border, you know, just chillin'
Mike dropped me off around 2pm; late start, which is standard for me (or just "Standard" as my brother Michael says). We did the picture/pose thing and I began my trek on the Pacific Crest Trail...

David AKA “Mister F. Gentle Spirit”
Website
http://www.davidpatrone.com/PCT
Videos:
http://www.youtube.com/davidpatrone

No comments: