Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Zero or Hero?

Greymoor Friary to Greymoor Friary 0 miles
Zero or Hero?

I think I’m going to zero. My foot is in a lot of pain. I can barely walk on the bastard; although, I’ve been blogging and walking around a little and it gets better so I may just throw three pairs of socks on and go for 10 miles today. There’s a campsite but I’d like to make Kent, CT as soon as possible because there is an outfitter there and I need those gaiters to keep my feet dry. They make some neoprene ones that wick off of your legs so when the sweat pours down it doesn’t go into your boots. I also think I’m going to get a kilt. Walking around everywhere in my underwear is getting a lot of crazy looks. It think people are beginning to figure it out. A bunch of guys have rolled in here this morning, Mangy Mo, Goodfella, Shakedown Cruise as well as Papa Bear and the Preacher boys who I was calling The Christian Brothers and Dad and it turns out there are only three brothers and all this time I thought there were four. Hmmm. I’ll post all these blogs and see if I can get on the road. It’s supposed to rain today after 2PM: 50% chance of thunderstorms. We’ll see what three pairs of socks feels like and maybe I can get back on the trail. 1400

Ok that was at 1400, now it's 1837. It rained a little and I didn’t want to go out, then I finally said, "I'm going!" I packed up and spilled a Camelbak of water all over me and then the wind really kicked up and it looked like it was going to be bad. remembering the wondrous pizza the night before, I contemplated the possible difficulties I might encounter with a bum foot leaving at 4PM and none of the scenarios really seemed very appetizing. I decided to stick it out and get some more pizza. I popped the blister and sterilized the area. Hopefully tomorrow we’ll be god to do 18 to the next shelter. Pizza and early bed. Yeah man! Some cool people showed up:

Cat, Leggz, Indy, Windjammer

David AKA “Mister Gentle Spirit”
Website
http://www.wbafinc.org/
Photos:
http://www.photobucket.com/brotherproof
Videos:
http://www.youtube.com/WBAF1

No comments: