Sunday, June 12, 2011

Back on the trail at Kennedy Meadows

I hung around for a while with Laura and split much later than I had planned. I repacked my car with less stuff cause I wan't going to need any of it before I was coming back again for another gig on the 23rd. Sprinkles' parents drove up to Kennedy Meadows and brought their RV and Bandit's GF Amy is coming up so we're not going to leave Kennedy Meadows (KM) until Wednesday. There's absolutely no service there so I'm probably going to be out of touch until the 23rd or so. We'll be hiking up from Kennedy Meadows to Kearsarge Pass and summiting Mt Whitney on the way. It's about 87 miles plus 10 to get back out and it'll probably take about 8 days with all of the snow and river crossings. It'll be cool to meet Sprinkles' Dad and Stepmom. I finally got on the road at like 6PM and headed up. The drive was boring although I almost hit an owl and 2 little birds (turns out a I actually did hit one of them) and I got to camp and everyone was around the fire. I briefly met Sprinkles' Dad and then we pretty much headed to bed. They let me stay in their camper and it was really nice. I definitely want to get something like that when I grow up.


David AKA “Mister F. Gentle Spirit”
Website
http://www.davidpatrone.com/PCT
Videos:
http://www.youtube.com/davidpatrone

No comments: