Thursday, June 2, 2011

Casa De Luna Part 4

I dropped off Pepe and Bootz at the trailhead near Tehachapi and came back to Casa De Luna only to realize we weren't getting out of there today. We did end up slacking an 8 mile section but coming back to stay at CDL. I did manage to take care of a few important things like ordering new pole sections for my broken trekking pole and also a new pole section for my tent. I contacted Melanie at Leki and was all set to give her my credit card information to get a new pole segment sent to me and she said "forget about it, I already sent it out free of charge." Obviously I'm a huge fan of Leki and I recommend that you use their stuff. I emailed Tarp Tent about a cracking pole segment on my tent and was contacted back directly by the owner, Henry Shires. He also sent me a segment free of charge and it got to me right away at the Anderson's. With customer service like that, you'd be crazy not to use their stuff. Not to mention it's functionally superior to all of the other mainstream lightweight tents out there. I have the "moment" tarp tent. I'm posting a picture from inside the tent so you can get a mosquito's-eye view of my living quarters. I just updated my gear list and you can see everything that I'm carrying or wearing by clicking on "Gearlist" over there to the right --->










David AKA “Mister F. Gentle Spirit”
Website
http://www.davidpatrone.com/PCT
Videos:
http://www.youtube.com/davidpatrone

No comments: