Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Wilson Mobile Command Center

I'm, sitting in the mobile command headquarters of the Wilson Conglomerate while we escape from the heat of Kennedy Meadows and await the arrival of more Thru-Hikers to arrive for the evening festivities. Rum Tim, Janimal and Grandma Sprinkles have graciously offered their tine and energy to set up a mobile trail magic station of which we are the principal beneficiaries. Alina, Sprinkles' GF just showed up from Vegas and Amy is here for Bandit and I have my iPad and guitar. Some hikers just came in so I'm going outside to meet them all.

Later

I spent the majority of e day throwing bean bags at little holes, I'm getting a little antsy. I have no transportation and we're not quite ready to go out to the trail but just sitting around is starting to get to me. this section will be the longest I've been out without a town and you know me, I LOVES ME SOME TOWNS!

We went down to the store and I got reall ticked off at these people. I tried to buy a 99 cent Arizona Iced Tea and they charged me $ 1.52! How can you charge me $ 1.52 when it says 99 cents right on the can? Granted, I can understand that they have some expenses getting the stuff way out here but a 53% mark up? And why is it 53% and not like an even 51 cent mark up. That's what really got me was the 2 extra pennies. It's adding insult to injury! Another think that really chaps my buttons is that these folks tried to tell us it was illegal for Sprinkles' family to offer trail magic to the hikers because they were charging for dinner. Ridiculous! They were having some sort of $ 5 potluck, supposedly to benefit the local fire station. I don't believe it for a second. These shuysters rung my bell and I'm going to do some further investigatin'

I wonder if the food inspector wants to take a little trip out there to see if they have all their ducks in a row while they're selling burgers cooked over there in the corner on that ratty grille. I would hate to mess it up for the other hikers but these Children of LT. Schmidt are just taking advantage of the desperation of hundreds of tired, homesick hikers. Someone has to do something!


David AKA “Mister F. Gentle Spirit”
Website
http://www.davidpatrone.com/PCT
Videos:
http://www.youtube.com/davidpatrone

No comments: