Monday, May 2, 2011

Long day to Rodriguez Truck Road

Jeff drove me to a campsite just off the trail in Mt. Laguna at 2 am and I pitched my tent in a maelstrom of wind but thankfully no rain. At some point in the night a tent peg came up and the tent sort of collapsed on me and I had to re set it; but other than that the night was uneventful. I don't think I was supposed to be camping in that campsite but I was up and out by 8:30. Met up with a few thru-hikers along the way and decided to make it a long one all the way out to Rodriguez truck trail. while we were hiking, in the distance you could see a snow-covered peak. I'm assumuing it was San Jacinto or Gorgonio. both of which I'll climb within the next two weeks. I'm not looking forward to the ice climbing but that's too far away to think about yet. I hooked up with a few guys that were super fast hikers and got some mileage. Stopped for lunch at some dry creek and decided not to camp. Came in to RTT in the dark because I got some cell service on the ridge and spent too long texting and emailing while I had the chance. There was a weird spigot thing at RTT and I got some water before setting up the tent in the dark. There were a lot of people there cowboy camping, but I wouldn't be shamed into it. I set up the tent and crashed.


David AKA “Mister F. Gentle Spirit”
Website
http://www.davidpatrone.com/PCT
Videos:
http://www.youtube.com/davidpatrone

No comments: