Monday, May 16, 2011

Slackin off to Big Bear Lake

That was the coldest night so far. This 40 degree sleeping bag isn't going to cut it very long. I'm pretty sure I need to get a warmer bag most kosh or sooner. I've been looking at this killer bag, the Dreamwalker from Exped. It's the warmer version of the bag I have which is unlike any other sleeping bag I've ever seen. You can put your arms out of it and wear it like a jacket so you never have to get out of your sleeping bag to get up and get ready in the morning.

Check it out here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mBjPVoAYV0o

Anyway, I lay there freezing, I think it went down to like 20 or 25 and I waited until the sun started to melt the frost on my tent before I roused myself. I started walking, I was hoping to get 27 miles to rt 18 by nighttime but when I get to this cabin I see Natural (a guy I met the other day on the trail) and he's there with his car. We start talking and he tells me it's supposed to snow tonight and maybe tomorrow. My car is in Big Bear and I'm thinking, "this would be a good time to hang out in Big Bear for a couple of days."

SO I caught a ride from Natural and it's a good thing I did because apparently i forgot to load my sound system in the car! I'm going to have to head back to SD and pick it up and then back up here. I have to figure out how I'm going to afford to buy a warm sleeping bag. Laura's in Vegas for the week and Vegas is about the same distance from Big bear as San Diego is...

Maybe it's a good time to hang out in Vegas for a day, head back to SD to pick up the gear and then head to Big Bear for the gig on Friday...

I think I hear a Hunter S. Thompson quote coming on...


David AKA “Mister F. Gentle Spirit”
Website
http://www.davidpatrone.com/PCT
Videos:
http://www.youtube.com/davidpatrone

No comments: