Thursday, May 26, 2011

Out of Wrightwood

We woke up eventually and Kevin drove us down to the Evergreen restaurant to get some breakfast. If you ever go there I recommend the "Evergreen Breakfast" you'll never finish it and it's got everything except pancakes. I couldn't finish it.

We tooled around Wrightwood for a few hours, picking up supplies and generally trying to psych ourselves up to get on the trail.

We piled in to Kevin's camper and he took us up to one of the campsites and we settled in without hiking. We just decided to stay there. There was water and firepits so we figured that was a great place to stay. At least we're out on the trail and not ini town again. These towns are tough to get out of. Especially when you have great great hosts like Kevin and Linda to make you all comfortable and clean and fed and on top of comfortable mattresses.

I'm sitting at a picnic table right now with Bandit, Sprinkles, Dusty and Camel. We're lighting a fire and heading to bed. This is actually the first time that I've used my iPad on the trail instead of in town. I have to buy a new iPad charging cable though, we should be at the Saufley's in about four or five days and I can get all the stuff I left in my car.


David AKA “Mister F. Gentle Spirit”
Website
http://www.davidpatrone.com/PCT
Videos:
http://www.youtube.com/davidpatrone

No comments: