Friday, May 6, 2011

San Diego Magazine Party


In the morning we waited for Jeff and at 8am he wasn't there so we decided to try and find a ride back to the main HWY. There was a trail crew working from Mike's Casa and this cat Lyle showed up in a blue jeep that was converted to carry tools in the back. He graciously consented to drive us out to the road but he only had one seat so Dave and I threw our packs on the back and both of us jumped in the front seat. Dave was kinda on my lap for 6 REALLY bumpy miles and then we convinced Lyle to take us even further out to the main road where I had some cell service. It turned out that Jeff had been driving all over those roads with his faithful companion Flo. trying desperately to find us when some hikers told him we had split in the blue jeep. When Dave and I got to the road we decided to try to walk and hitch to Warner Springs where his bike was parked. We finally got a hold of Jeff and he picked us up and we all got where we had to go. I had a gig for San Diego Magazine's "Best of North County" that night and I was really looking forward to all of the amazing food that the restaurants cook for the event. Ramen wasn't going to cut it for me that night. Ahi sliders and the chocolate fountain were what I was waiting for. It took me about an hour and a half in the shower to get the grime off, scrub the blisters clean and shave everything. The gig was great, the lines for the food were too long though and Jeff and I went to Bully's East in Del Mar to get some steak. It was mediocre, they gave him the wrong thing but Flo ate great the next day. Still, mediocre steak beats ramen noodles any day of the week. I get to crash in a bed tonight and see my girlfriend Laura and her dog Mieka, maybe watch some TV. The Flyers got swept in the series by the Bruins so my hockey hopes were dashed. I'm going to burn the Flyers sweater I was wearing every day out there. Maybe that was the problem.


David AKA “Mister F. Gentle Spirit”
Website
http://www.davidpatrone.com/PCT
Videos:
http://www.youtube.com/davidpatrone

No comments: