Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Windy Strollin to Apache

We got a late start after breakfast that the Red Kettle and met the owner's dog, Cody Bear or something like that. It was a long-haired Akita. It was HUGE and it was a really cool dog. Now it's Laura's favorite kind of dog and she wants one. We finally got out to the trailhead around 11:30am after picking up Sweet Pea and taking him with us. The climb wasn't too bad but I got a late start so I knew I wasn't going to get too far. Near the end of the day dark clouds were coming in and it was getting very cold. It wasn't supposed to do that! I sat at a switchback and cooked some ramen and salmon so I could just keep hiking until dark but that didn't happen, around 6pm I holed up in a really cool tree alcove just off the trail that I later discovered (after getting up to pee at 3 am) overlooked all of Palm Springs and the desert.

The night was REALLY cold, the coldest yet but I managed to stay alive.


David AKA “Mister F. Gentle Spirit”
Website
http://www.davidpatrone.com/PCT
Videos:
http://www.youtube.com/davidpatrone

No comments: