Thursday, May 12, 2011

Snow Trekking the Ridges

Getting out of Idyllwild was tough but I managed to get breakfast at the Red Kettle again and get a ride up from the owner of the Idyllwild Inn around 8:15 AM I was worried about the hike back up devil's slide but it proved to be not so bad. I ran into Ninja and Drop&Roll after Saddle Junction and we all headed up to San Jacinto. I decided I didn't want to summit San Jacinto despite John Muir's glowing recommendations. I was experiencing a lot of chafe from the kilt but the feet were fine as we came down toward the feared "Fuller Ridge" where we hiked through a lot of snow which really slowed me down but wasn't very dangerous. Once, I post-holed all the way in and my bare bottom and balls were treated to the exhilarating sensation of a frosty cradle since I'm going commando under my kilt. WOW! That was something I'll never forget (I'll bet I just gave you a visual you won't soon forget either).

After fuller ridge we came into the Fuller Ridge campground and I was just too tired to keep going. I really wanted to because there was a lot more daylight left but the chafing was just to intense.

About a million people showed up and we had a great campfire with Seahorse, New Homes, Side Track, Sprinkles, Bandit, Ramblin Rose, Half Step, Roger, Bubbles, Murphy, Dump Truck, and a bunch more I can't remember.

I took some great video of me on top of a rock formation on Fuller Ridge and you can check it out here:
Rotary view of San Jacinto and San Gorgonio


David AKA “Mister F. Gentle Spirit”
Website
http://www.davidpatrone.com/PCT
Videos:
http://www.youtube.com/davidpatrone

No comments: